Friday, May 22, 2009

My Favorite Time Of The Year

The dianthus is blooming (my favorite ground cover), the windows are open, grandpa is out doing his magic on the grill and the kids and grandkids are visiting more often. Two of the
grandkids are missing, though...




















Patrick, our oldest grandchild, age 16, that good lookin feller on the left, in the white tee shirt, is going to high school in a suburb of Santa Barbara, California. It's a private HS and one of the best in the country. His Godfather is a teacher there, and was able to get Patrick in for free, since he is on the staff of the school. He celebrated his 16th birthday away from home and was not here for Mother's Day. School will be out soon and he will be home in a couple of weeks. I can't wait!! We miss him!!
Then, there is Aidan....poor little guy!! He tried to jump a makeshift bicycle ramp on someone elses bike, and fell from the top of the ramp on his HEAD!! Knocked him out cold! As you can see, he was pretty banged up and since his neck hurt, he had to wear a neck brace until he went to a neurosurgeon and was checked out. He spent Mother's Day in the hospital, and the next day, his mom took him and his little sister Dania to MickyDs for some nuggets!!
I'm looking forward now to the day when all 8 grandkids and all 3 kids and their spouses come out for a big cookout and bonfire...That is my goal for this summer!





















2 comments:

Kat said...

I love the purple dianthus. I did not realize it was ground cover, but there is a lot I don't know.
I have my two grandchildren and son here for 10 days from Pittsburgh, and I am in heaven. The oldest is 5 and the other is 2.
Enjoy! Your family sounds wonderful.

Jessie said...

I don't know anything about flowers and/or plants. My daughter planted the dianthus for us 2 yrs ago when we moved out here and she is the one that told me it was ground cover..It is supposed to spread and if it doesn't..I want more..I love the brilliant color of it!
Our grandkids are 16, 13, 13, 11, 10, 3, 2 1/2 & 9 mos. 4 boys & 4 girls.